NEW FREEDOM LIONS CLUB
Who are the New Freedom Lions Club
The New Freedom Lions are a group of individuals who want to give back to their local community by volunteering. The club is comprised of men and women who live in the New Freedom Area. Our occupations are diverse: school teachers, engineers, carpenters, accountants, bankers, insurance and small business owner to name a few. Our group comes together to raise money for worthy causes. We donate 100 % of all money raised back to our community and Lions Club projects. Some of the our projects are Leader Dog for the Blind, Beacon Lodge camp ground for the blind, and Lions International Relief Fund. The club organizes and sponsors events such as the New Freedom Carnival, the Christmas tree lighting ceremony, blood drives, soup sales, and community awareness events. We are the sponsor organization for Scouting Troop, Pack 24, and Crew. We typically give out six $1000 dollar scholarships to high school students and are recognized as a Southern York County School Scholarship Leader. We support the “Give from the Heart” program in the elementary school. The Lion’s motto is “We Serve”
If you are interested in joining the largest volunteering organization in the world. Please see the contact information on the bottom of this page.
Give From The Heart
One of the most interesting program that the Lions Club Supports is the “Give from the Heart”. This program involves the 4th grades of the elementary school. Each class is given $100 dollars that they will give to a charity. The students research charitable organizations and vote on a deserving charity. An assembly is held and the winners are invited and given the checks by the students. Please follow the link below to read the entire story.
Gail Buck and Dutch Story
The New Freedom Lions Club has helped many individuals over the years. The story below is one of the best examples of what we can accomplish as a club.
One summer day in 1933, LIONS CLUB organizer George Anderson visited several prominent citizens in New Freedom to stir up interest in a Lions Club for New Freedom. The late Lion William S. Grove, the first president of the New Freedom Lions Club and the late Lion Henry Freed then visited the Stewartstown Lions Club under the co-sponsorship of the Glen Rock and Stewartstown Lions Clubs. The Lions Club was organized on September 22, 1933, chartered December 5, 1933 with 50 charter members, and is still serving the community today.
See the link below for the full story
See the link below for the current and past presidents of the New Freedom Lions club.